The perfect detox to a weekend of decadence, a simple salad of greens, smoked trout, chopped tomato and sweet pepper beckons.
For the Salad:
- 1 lb. baby romaine or other greens
- 1 lb. smoked trout, torn into pieces
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- a bunch of scallions, white parts sliced
- avocado, diced (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 3 T mayonnaise
- 3 T sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Chopped bunch of tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hot Spanish Paprika (optional)
1. Put the salad greens, trout, sweet pepper, tomato, scallions, and avocado (if using) in a bowl and toss together.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
3. Serve the salad in bowls and dress with the creamy tarragon dressing. Enjoy!